Application providing HTTP/getwork protocol <--> Stratum and Stratum/LTC mining protocols bridge
Installation on Windows
- Download official Windows binaries (EXE) from http://pool.itzod.ru/mining_proxy.exe or http://ltcmine.ru/mining_proxy.exe
- Open downloaded file. It will open console window. Using default settings, proxy connects to Itzod's mining pool (or ltcmine pool, if -pa scrypt was specified)
- If you want to connect to another pool or change other proxy settings, type "mining_proxy.exe --help" in console window.
Installation using Github
This is advanced option for experienced users, but give you the easiest way for updating the proxy.
- git clone https://github.com/CryptoManiac/stratum-mining-proxy.git
- cd stratum-mining-proxy
- sudo apt-get install python-dev # Development package of Python are necessary
- sudo python distribute_setup.py # This will upgrade setuptools package
- cd litecoin_scrypt sudo python setup.py install # Build and install LTC scrypt extension cd ..
- sudo python setup.py develop # This will install required dependencies (namely Twisted and Stratum libraries), but don't install the package into the system.
- You can start the Stratum proxy by typing "./mining_proxy.py" in the terminal window. Using default settings, it connects to Itzod's mining pool. Also you have ability to start Stratum/LTC proxy by typing "./mining-proxy.py -pa scrypt". Using default settings, it connects to LTCMine mining pool.
- If you want to connect to another pool or change other proxy settings, type "./mining_proxy.py --help".
- If you want to update the proxy, type "git pull" in the package directory.
Compiling midstate C extension
For some really big operations using getwork interface of this proxy, you'll find useful "midstatec" C extension, which significantly speeds up midstate calculations (yes, plain python implementation is so slow). For enabling this extension, just type "make" in midstatec directory. Proxy will auto-detect compiled extension on next startup.
This proxy is provided by Slush's mining pool at http://mining.bitcoin.cz. You can contact the author by email info(at)bitcoin.cz or by IRC on irc.freenode.net in channel #stratum.
This proxy was modified to add support of Stratum/LTC mining protocol. Modifications implemented by LTCMine.ru and pool.itzod.ru minings pools administrator, you can ask your questions by email balthazar(at)yandex.ru or PM at btc-e.com exchange.