About: Project Starter Folder
This folder contains a brand new website starter project. This folder gives a quick start to new website/web projects.
Getting Started / Usage
- Download the project
- Remove this document named
readme.mdand located in the project root
- Remove anything else that you don't want in the project. See What's In The Project section for more.
- Start coading
- The goal of this folder is to have all the necessary files, folder structure and plugins included and ready to use.
- The user will simply have to remove unnecessary files, folders and plugins to get started.
- We will have to try our best to only include commonly used standerd files, folders and code so that this project remains a lightweight project starting point.
- We only have a few things included now but our goal will be to continue adding more commonly used assets.
This will hopefully save unnecessary time when starting a new project. Feel free to suggest or add new things.
Further Into The Future
Perhaps we can work towards creating a solution where users can click and choose what they want included in their project starter and we can customize the project before they download and get stared.
What's In The Project
An example of Google font (Lato) is included.
We are including the minified version of the Normalize.css. Last updated: 21 Nov 2016
Slick adds two different CSS files.
slick.cssis the main css file for the plugin.
slick-theme.csscontrols various UI elements.
The first 2 links in the
index.html file are links to jQuery files. One from the CDN and one locally hosted.
<script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.1.1.min.js" integrity="sha256-hVVnYaiADRTO2PzUGmuLJr8BLUSjGIZsDYGmIJLv2b8=" crossorigin="anonymous"></script> <!--jQuery CDN--> <script src="js_and_plugins/jquery-3.1.1.min.js"></script> <!--jQuery local: use local or CDN remove the other-->
We are leaving both in the project for users to choose which one they want to use. Remove one of them for actual project.
Animsition adds smooth animation & transaction effects during page load
How to remove things
Most project requires jQuery so usually we wouldn't need to remove jQuery. However we have 2 different sources of jQuery included. So remove only one source.
To remove the CDN
- Remove the link.
To remove the locally hosted file
- Remove the link
- Remove the file located in
- Remove Animsition CSS link
- Remove Animsition Script link
- Remove Animsition folder from
js_and_plugins > animsition
- Mark Down Editor (To edit this document)