A self-contained application that tracks CakePHP developer’s open source code repositories, including applications and plugins. Includes some social integration features
After constantly searching for CakePHP code, I realized a lot of it existed on Github. And, in fact, the core code is now on GitHub. So it seemed natural to create a site to index all this code.
Since I was unemployed/bored/miserable/drunk, I decided to focus all my energy on creating just such a thing. That was over a year ago (March 1st seems to be my first commit, although I know I was working on it before then…), and the codebase has been through at least two redesigns and countless code iterations. I’ve learned a thing or two in the process, and have even gotten a job as a result of it.
This is apparently now an official project. However, because there are other official projects, this is still mostly a one-man show, so feel free to contribute back to the codebase through code, design, and feedback.
- PHP 5.3+ .
- CakePHP 2.x
- GIT for version control
- God for running DJJob in the background on a server
- Download this: http://github.com/josegonzalez/cakepackages/zipball/master
- Unzip that download.
- Copy the resulting folder to a new directory containing the cake core
git clone git://github.com/josegonzalez/cakepackages.git cakepackages
If using git clone to download be sure to update the submodules after you clone with the command:
cd cakepackages && git submodule update --init
You’ll want to run the migrations for both cakepackages and the plugins. I’ve also included a schema.php file. SQL Dump with dummy data to come.
Set Default retry on CakeDjjob to be at least 1, so adding new packages/maintainers doesn’t fail randomly
- Increase visibility across the web through social integration
- Integrate with GitHub’s OAuth implementation for user accounts
- Push user accounts and a user dashboard
- Possible dashboard aggregating both code and community resources useful to that person?
- Integrate a risingcake.com like news dashboard
Fix RSS Sanitization such that characters that should be escaped are escaped properly
- Integrate a project’s readme
- More robust application/plugin distinction, as well as checking both standards and to see if something that should be a plugin is
- Full Plugin Installer API. Docs to come
Allow users to submit new packages for inclusion in the index
- Possible DDOS issue? (Should be handled at the server-level)
More robust filtering May need to look into alternative searching systems, such as ElasticSearch or Sphinx(punting on this till later)
- Allow filtering by maintainer?
For now just appended Maintainer.username to like query
Allow rating/commenting on packages(liking/bookmarking are better than rating)
- Allow users to submit tags for a package
Fix issue where packages that should be disabled are passing that check Add support for organizations
- Add support for
- Unit tests
Minify assets for new design Add shell tasks to cron where necessary Update maintainer/package views
- Infinite pagination of packages
Remove csf theme submodule(re-added, made it more subtle) Better deployment strategy for dealing with official CSF dependencieseasy-squeezy
Copyright © 2009-2012 Jose Diaz-Gonzalez
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN