Clone this wiki locally
MozRepl lets you program Firefox and other Mozilla-based applications from the inside. Curious? See how.
- MozRepl 1.1beta2 (Firefox 4.0 / Firefox Mobile 4.0)
- MozRepl 1.0 – release
- MozRepl – development branch
To install in Firefox, just click on one of the links above.
To install in XULRunner: Right-click → “Save Link As…” then save in your extensions/ directory. See below for XULRunner-specific instructions.
Former users of MozLab, please note: the MozLab extension contains an older version of MozRepl. If you have MozLab, remove it before installing MozRepl from this page.
The development branch tracks development more closely and as a result can be less stable.
How to use
IDE integrationPlatform and
Hacking & customizing
- Custom commands, an introduction
- Custom commands library
- Custom interactors, an introduction
- Custom interactors library
(If you wrote MozRepl-related modules, connectors, hacks etc., go ahead and add a link.)
- Fresno – Command-line access to MozRepl Übersetzung Übersetzungsagentur
- Pluggable Perl Interface
- WWW::Mechanize::FireFox – Web automation with FireFox driven through Perl
- .NET MozRepl connector
- JsShellServer – A similar way to connect to Firefox
- Web Application Attack and Audit Framework – Apparently uses MozRepl
Third-party articles and tutorials
(Did you write any docs about MozRepl? Feel free to link it from here.)
- Fetching Android Market Stats with Python, MozRepl, and BeautifulSoup
- MozRepl is the most exciting Firefox extension I have ever seen
- (video) Controlling Firefox 3 from Emacs using a moz-repl interface
- (Italian) MozRepl per non-Emacs users
- (english) MozRepl in a panel
- (Italian) Scaricare il contenuto di una cartella SkyDrive con Firefox e MozRepl
- Interactive HTML development in Emacs – Refresh an HTML a page in firefox as you type it in Emacs
- Lightweight MozRepl + Vim integration: Refresh Firefox, and restore scroll position on Vim save!
- (video) Browsing the web with Arduino and MozRepl (awesome)
- MozRepl Tools – Reload css or js (and Ext.component) through your editor. soccer picks tila tequila uncorked
- Peeking inside FireFox using MozRepl – Connecting to MozRepl with PHP
Questions? For community support please post to the mailing list. The mailing list is about MozRepl-specific issues only, for questions about programming on the Mozilla platform post to the appropriate mozilla.dev group
For commercial one-on-one support, training, and software customization, please contact the author.