Baremaps is inspired by Osmosis, but it comes with additional features, such as the ability to:
- Process data in parallel with the Stream API introduced in Java 8
- Import data faster with the COPY API of Postgresql
- Create postgis geometries on the fly with JTS
- Create and serve customized Mapbox Vector Tiles
On the longer run, the aim of the project is to work with a variety of data sources in order to create highly specialized and customized maps.
- To contribute to this repo see CONTRIBUTING and CODE_OF_CONDUCT.
- To build baremaps. You'll need
cd baremaps-cli && mvn package -P maputnik -B. This creates a
- alternatively you can build a docker image with
mvn jib:dockerBuild -DskipTests.
To help you starts without worring to much a "starter" openstreetmap project is avaiblable