Yuidoc zebkit theme
Why this theme:
- Use Java-like packages instead modules to organize you code
- Allow developers to describe in yuidoc documentation package level methods and variables
- Provide better look and feel and more handy navigation over an API yuidoc documentation
- This theme has light and dark versions
Packages vs modules
Packages are more abstract, universal way to organize and split to logical parts your code. Name of package is a sequence of names that split with "." character. For instance:
- "org.apache.commons" package is a root package of all Apache commons modules.
- "org.apache.commons.io" is package that hosts classes, methods, other sub-packages of Java IO routine operations. It is packaged as JAR (module)
How to describe a package with yuidoc
In terms of the given theme a package is a special class that is tagged with "package" access. To describe a package you have to write the following:
/** * <Package description should be written here> * @class <package name> * @access package */
The package requires nodejs to be installed.
- Install required third party packages:
$ npm install
- Re-build this theme artifacts:
To generate examples light or dark theme run the following command:
$ gulp light
$ gulp dark
You can find and open in a browser results of API doc generation in "apidoc-light" or "apidoc-dark" folder correspondingly.
To generate API doc for a project run the following command:
$ yuidoc -c yuidoc.json -t . <js_path>