Thank you for wanting to contribute. We welcome contributions from everyone, both inside and outside Barnardo’s.
If you’re unfamiliar with:
- open source projects, refer to guidance on how to contribute
- the Barnardo’s development process, refer to the developer manual
First, install Node.js.
Then run these commands:
npm install- install all dependencies
npm start- start a development server
You can watch tests using:
npm run watch-unit-tests
npm run watch-e2e-tests
Before creating a PR you should run:
npm run format
npm run test
npm run to see a list of all the other available commands.
If you encounter an error, try deleting the
.cache folder in the root of the project and run
npm start again.
The providers are:
- CircleCI - continuous integration
- Netlify - continuous deployment
- Google Analytics - user analytics
- Project Wallace - CSS analytics
You should first publish to npm:
npm --no-git-tag-version version major|minor|patchto bump the version number in
CHANGELOG.mdand replace "Head" with the new version number.
- Create a Pull Request with these changes.
- Merge the Pull Request.
Then release to GitHub:
- Create a new release.
- Enter the version number for the "Tag version" and "Release title".
- Copy and paste the version items from
- Publish release