Welcome to Reia (pronounced RAY-uh), a Ruby-like scripting language for the
Erlang virtual machine (BEAM).
Reia requires Erlang version R12B-3 (5.6.3) or later. The latest version of
Erlang is available here:
To compile Reia, type:rake
under the Reia source tree to build Reia.
Here’s some thoroughly interesting implementation trivia about Reia:
- Leex-based scanner
- Yecc-based grammar (a Neotoma-based branch is also available)
- Successive parse transforms convert Reia parse trees into the Erlang abstract
format, then into BEAM/HiPE bytecode
- Home Page: http://reia-lang.org
- Reia Wiki: http://wiki.reia-lang.org/
- Mailing List: http://groups.google.com/group/reia
- Author’s Blog: http://unlimitednovelty.com/
- Author’s Twitter: http://twitter.com/bascule
- IRC: irc.freenode.net #reia
About the Author
Reia was created by Tony Arcieri, a programmer from Boulder, Colorado, USA.
Tony has a background in network services and distributed peer-to-peer systems.
His favorite programming languages are Ruby and Erlang.