Contributors: Barrett Cox, [email@example.com](mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Feedback about UTM Capture)
Tags: wordpress, plugin, utm
Requires at least: 4.0
Tested up to: 4.6.1
Stable tag: 0.5
License: GPLv3 or later
License URI: https://choosealicense.com/licenses/gpl-3.0/
A simple WordPress plugin that provides a shortcode to capture UTM parameters, append them to a URL, and generate a link. Useful in situations when you want to capture UTMs, but are unable to directly edit a page template's PHP code.
Activating the Plugin
- Download or clone this repository and upload it to your /plugins directory.
- Go to “Plugins”, and locate the UTM Capture plugin.
- If the plugin is not activated, click “Activate” to enable it for the site.
Using the Shortcode
Here is an example of the
[utmcapture url="/formpage" text="Download the PDF" css_class="btn btn-primary"]
utmcapture shortcode takes 3 attributes:
- url: The URL you want to link to
- text: A string of text to appear as the linked text
- css_class: A string of CSS class names that you want applied to the
UTM Capture will automatically capture the following parameters and add them to the URL string: