Public server available at 126.96.36.199
If you have an issue connecting to the server and receive an error code, check the Troubleshooting page to see what they mean.
Nintendo DS/DSi/3DS/2DS Configuration
- Go to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Setup. Do not use the System Settings but start up an online-enabled game.
- Choose "Options".
- Choose "Erase Nintendo WFC Configuration". (See picture 1.) This will allow you to make a new Friend Code on the new server for all games. This only has to be done once per console, not per game.
- Set up a new wireless access point connection.
- Set "Auto-obtain DNS" to "No" and insert 188.8.131.52 into both "Primary DNS" and "Secondary DNS". Leave "Auto-obtain IP" on "Yes". (See picture 2.)
- Save your settings and exit the menu.
Nintendo DS SSL Patching
The information below is only pertinent when using a server that hasn't configured the nds-constraint exploit.
Action Replay DS(i)
Action Replay DS(i) codes are the most 'legal' method to bypass server verification. These will allow retail cards to connect to the new server. You will need an Action Replay DS(i) or flashcard to use these. For now, you will also need the ROM of the game you want to use. Note that some games are incompatible and require a different patching method to be used.
- Download Prof. 9's WfcReplay v0.7 (requires .NET 4.0): https://github.com/Prof9/wfcreplay/releases
- Drag and drop the ROM file onto
- Use the code from the text file that was created in the same folder as the ROM.
If you can't or don't want to use Action Replay cheats, you can patch your game directly.
- Download the most recent version of WfcPatcher: https://github.com/AdmiralCurtiss/WfcPatcher/releases
- Drag and drop the ROM file(s) onto
- Use ROM file that now has (AltWfc) at the end of its filename.
Note: this is for 3DS users who have custom firmware and have the ability to install CIA files.
- Download the NobodySSL cheat list: https://github.com/barronwaffles/NobodySSL/tree/master/nitro
- Download the latest release of NitroHax (NitroHax.cia ONLY): https://github.com/ahezard/NitroHax3DS/releases
- Place both files on the root of your SD card.
- Install and delete
- Launch NitroHax from the main menu.
- Select your game from the list (if it is not automatically selected) and use the A button to enable a cheat. Once enabled, press START to launch the game. Once open, do not open the WFC settings, as it will remove the enabled cheat.
Nintendo Wii/Wii U Configuration
NOTE: You must have a homebrew-capable Wii/Wii U to use the custom server; i.e., the Homebrew Channel must be installed (note that this voids your warranty). You must also delete any previous saves you have in a game. Methods around this may be possible in the future, so please make a full backup of your save data before deleting it if possible.
Regardless of the method chosen to boot your games the following steps are required for connection:
- Go to the Wii/Wii U Internet settings and choose the connection you're using.
- Set "Auto-obtain DNS" to "No".
- Insert 184.108.40.206 into "Primary DNS" and "Secondary DNS".
- Save Settings and perform a connection test. It should succeed. On the Wii U, you can choose "End" to skip the connection test.
Playing via Disc
Install brainslug to your SD card.
- Extract it to the root folder of the SD card (it doesn't seem to work from a USB drive.)
- Start Brainslug via the Homebrew Channel and insert the game you want to play when prompted.
USB Loader GX has a built-in solution for enabling connections to custom servers located under the loader configuration settings menu.
- Find the "Private Server" option and change the associated value to "No-SSL".