Riak Recap for December 28 - January 3
Posted on January 04, 2012
Afternoon, Evening, Morning to All -
Big Recap for today: lots of Q & A, new code, meetups, and more.
Happy New Year.
Riak Recap for December 28 – January 3
- A Riak script was added to Nmap
→ Announcement here
→ Script details here
- The next Bay Area Riak Meetup is happening on January 18th at the StackMob offices.
→ Details and registration here
- John Leach wrote a great guide for running Riak on the BrightBox Cloud.
→ Read and build here
- For anyone who’ll be in/around Copenhagen in early March: Basho, Trifork, and Erlang Solutions will be holding another NoSQL Roadshow on March 2nd.
→ Details here
- This isn’t specific to Riak but very applicable and interesting nonetheless: a group at Berkeley is working on testing just how “eventual” eventual consistency actually is in Dynamo-style systems. You might be surprised…
→ Research and in-browser demo here
- 0.2.3 of ldapjs-riak is now available.
→ On GitHub here
- The Riak Knowledge Base got a lot of updates over the past week. (For those of you who don’t yet know about the KB, enjoy.)
→ Which file system available in Linux is preferred for Riak installations?
→ How do I specify the location of the erlang crash dump file?
→ How can I observe object sizes and sibling counts?
→ Are Riak generated keys unique within a bucket?
→ Can a cluster contain nodes running different operating systems?
- Sean merged some code from David Czarnecki into Ripple.
→ Details here