Riak Recap for November 2 - 3
Posted on November 4
Afternoon, Evening, Morning to All -
For today’s Recap: new docs, blogs, new code, and more.
Enjoy, and have a great weekend.
Riak Recap for November 2 – 3
- Dave “Dizzy” Smith, Basho’s Director of Engineering, was named “Erlang User of the Year.”
→ There’s a tweet about it here (and I suspect there will be something more substantial to point to soon)
- Some updates to the Riak Wiki:
→ We added some info about VNode Vector Clocks (which are new in Riak
→ Details on Riak’s Storage Backend API
- A short piece about Riak (complete with code) appeared on NetKernel.org:
→ Read here
- Jon Brisbin released “jstatebox” which is a JVM implementation of Mochi Media’s “statebox” code.
→ Here on GitHub
- Basho is holding a webinar on November 16th all about the admin improvements in Riak 1.0.
→ Details and registration here
- For anyone in/around London: we are holding another NoSQL Road Show Event on November 29th.
→ Details here
- If anyone is going to RubyConf Uruguay next week, Sean Cribbs will be there talking about his “Webmachine-Ruby” project. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind talking about Riak, either.
→ Details here
- And last, but certainly not least, Basho raised another $5M in funding and (formally) announced that the Danish Government chose Riak as part of its health infrastructure.
→ Press release on basho.com
→ Some slides with more information about the use case