Riak Python Client Release Notes
1.4.0 Feature Release - 2012-03-30
Release 1.4.0 is a feature release comprising over 117 individual commits.
- Python 2.6 and 2.7 are supported. On 2.6, the unittest2 package is required to run the test suite.
- Google's official protobuf package (2.4.1 or later) is now a dependency. The package from downloads.basho.com/support is no longer necessary.
- Travis-CI is enabled on the client. Go to http://travis-ci.org/basho/riak-python-client for build status.
- Riak 1.0+ features, namely secondary indexes and primary quora (PR/PW), are supported.
if_none_matchis a valid request option when storing objects, and will prevent the write when set to
Trueif the key already exists.
- Links can be set wholesale using the
- Transport-specific options can be passed through when creating a
- A connection manager was added that will (when manipulated manually) allow connections to multiple Riak nodes. This will be fully integrated in a future release.
- Links now use the proper URL-encoding in HTTP headers, preventing problems with explosion from multiple encoding passes.
- Many fixes were applied to make the Protocol Buffers transport more stable.
RiakObject.get_content_type()will behave properly when content type is not set.
- Deprecated transport classes were removed since their functionality had folded into the primary transports.
- A temporary fix was made for unicode bucket/key names which raises an error when they are used and cannot be coerced to ASCII.
- The Erlang sources/beams for the TestServer are now included in the package.
- MapReduce failures will now produce a more useful error message and be handled properly when no results are returned.
There are lots of other great fixes from our wonderful community. Check them out!
1.3.0 Feature Release - 2011-08-04
Release 1.3.0 is a feature release bringing a slew of updates.
- #37: Support for the Riak Search HTTP Interface (Mathias Meyer)
- #36: Support to store large files in Luwak (Mathias Meyer)
- #35: Convenience methods to enable, disable and check search indexing on Riak buckets (Mathias Meyer)
- #34: Port of Ripple's test server to Python, allows faster testing thanks to an in-memory Riak instance (Mathias Meyer)
- #31: New transports: A Protocol Buffers connection cache (riak.transports.pbc.RiakPbcCacheTransport), a transport to reuse the underlying TCP connections by setting SO_REUSEADDR on the socket (riak.transports.http.RiakHttpReuseTransport), and one that tries to reuse connections to the same host (riak.transports.http.RiakHttpPoolTransport) (Gilles Devaux)
- #33: Respect maximum link header size when using HTTP. Link header is now split up into multiple headers when it exceeds the maximum size of 8192 bytes. (Mathias Meyer)
- #41: Connections potentially not returned to the protocol buffers connection pool. (Reid Draper)
- #42: Reset protocol buffer connection up on connection error (Brett Hoerner)
1.2.2 Patch Release - 2011-06-22
Release 1.2.2 is a minor patch release.
Noteworthy fixes and improvements:
- #29: Add an nicer API for using key filters with MapReduce (Eric Moritz)
- #13 and #24: Let Riak generate a key when none is specified (Mark Erdmann)
- #28: Function aliases for the Riak built-in MapReduce functions (Eric Moritz)
- #20: Add a convenience method to create Riak object directly from file (Ana Nelson)
- #16: Support return_body parameter when creating a new object (Stefan Praszalowicz, Andy Gross)
- #17: Storing an object fails when it doesn't exist in Riak (Eric Moritz, Andy Gross)
- #18: Ensure that a default content type is set when none specified (Andy Gross)
- #22: Fix user meta data support (Mathias Meyer)
- #23: Fix links to the wiki (Mikhail Sobolev)
- #25: Enable support for code coverage when running tests (Mikhail Sobolev)
- #26: Debian packaging (Dmitry Rozhkov)