Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Get the plugin:
- Open Anki
- Click “File” → “Download” → “Shared Plugin”
- Find the Pinyin Toolkit in the list and download it
- Restart Anki to enable the plugin
- There may be a short wait here while the database is built for the first time
Get the example deck:
- Click “File” → “Download” → “Shared Deck” and find the Pinyin Toolkit simple or advanced example deck
Get the sounds:
- Click “Settings” → “Pinyin Toolkit Preferences”
- Go to the audio tab
- Click the button to “Install Chinese-Lessons.com Mandarin Sounds Pack”
Finally, edit your cards and start studying!
If you want better audio, check out our dedicated page on installing audio.
To learn more about how to set up your deck for use with the toolkit, check out our page on that.
You can customise the plugin generally by selecting “Settings” → “Pinyin Toolkit Preferences” from within Anki.