Battle of the Beards
Pull requests are welcome! There are a few ways you can make changes
- You can do it from github, click the edit file to get started
- this is great for fixing things like typos
- Install Hugo on your machine, make the changes, preview them, commit them and make a pull request
- this is the best way to make change that might effect the layout
You'll first need to Install Hugo in a way that best suits your environment and comfort level.
In a command prompt or terminal, navigate to the path that contains your
config.toml file and run
You should now have a
public directory with a complete blog! Open
public/index.html in your browser and bask.
If that wasn't amazing enough, from the same terminal, run
hugo server -w. This will watch your directories for changes and rebuild the site immediately, and it will make these changes available at http://localhost:1313/ so you can view your change in your browser. Go on, try it. This is one of the best ways to preview your site while working on it.
Committing Your Changes
When you're happy with the changes you can run these commands (line by line) in the command line
hugo git add . git commit -m "message" git push origin master
What this is doing is:
- building the site using
- staged those changes
git add .
- committing those changes to the current branch
git commit -m "message", change message to something sensible
- pushing that commit to the server
git push origin master
To further learn Hugo and learn more, read through the Hugo documentation.