Welcome to the Battlesnake community!
This is the starting point for joining and contributing to the Battlesnake community - improving docs, improving code, competing etc.
repo.md contains descriptions of each of the active repositories that we manage and who the owners are.
Documentation is available at http://docs.battlesnake.io
Code of Conduct
The Battlesnake community abides by the CNCF code of conduct. Here is an excerpt:
As contributors and maintainers of this project, and in the interest of fostering an open and welcoming community, we pledge to respect all people who contribute through reporting issues, posting feature requests, updating documentation, submitting pull requests or patches, and other activities.
If you believe someone is violating the code of conduct we ask that you report it to the Battlesnake community leaders here: https://goo.gl/forms/fAS1scsZuOp221HO2
All reports will be kept confidential. In some cases we may determine that a public statement will need to be made. If that’s the case, the identities of all victims and reporters will remain confidential unless those individuals instruct us otherwise.
Come to talk to us!
- Slack - Click here to join our slack channel (battlesnake.slack.com).
- firstname.lastname@example.org email us with any questions at all.
- Community meetups - Come to one of the meetups in downtown Victoria - email us for details!
Please read the CONTRIBUTING.md guide.
If you're interested in running an event, please contact us at email@example.com!
If that doesn't answer your questions, or if you think you found a bug, please file an issue.
We also have a
battlesnake tag on stackoverflow.com - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/battlesnake
We encourage all contributors to become members. We aim to grow an active, healthy community of contributors, reviewers, and code owners. Learn more about requirements and responsibilities of membership in our Community Membership page.
- Can I still compete at Battlesnake if I help out building the software?
Yes, as long as you don't try and add code that helps you win! :)
- I want my snake latency to be as low as possible, what cloud & region are you in?
Google Compute Platform - US-West-1
- Is there a list of specific IPs that my snake can whitelist to prevent scrapers and crawlers from hitting my snake? Unfortunately, at this time, we don't support an IP whitelist.