Mongrel2: The Language Agnostic Web Server
Mongrel2 is an application, language, and network architecture agnostic web server that focuses on web applications using modern browser technologies.
- Language Agnostic with a simple backend protocol supporting 17 languages and platforms all written by Mongrel2 fans.
- Modern Browser Friendly designed to handle HTTP, Flash XMLSockets, or WebSockets, Long Polling on the same socket transparently.
- ZeroMQ Enabled as well as HTTP proxy support so it works with what you have already while giving you new super powers.
- Network Architecture Agnostic so you can carve your operations up any way that reduces costs.
- N:M Messaging Patterns means you can have any N handlers answer to any M browsers arbitrarily, but still easy to do plain request/response.
- Automation Loving Configs that are easily accessible via any programming language with an Model-View-Controller design.
- Modern Internal Design using the Mongrel 1 HTTP parser powering many big companies with a proven security track record, event based I/O, fast coroutines to handle that I/O, and smart reasonable defaults with zero configuration needed usually.
- Documented, Documented, Documented. We document everything in a well written manual that shows you how to use every feature.
- BSD Licensed and all with a BSD 3-clause license.
- Tir -- An official framework written in Lua that shows how to use Mongrel2 to create other frameworks for PHP, Python, etc.
Mongrel2 is now 1.7.4 as of Tue Jun 21 09:16:15 PDT 2011:
There is a full manual available at mongrel2.org covering every aspect of Mongrel2, with more as we write features.