Clone this wiki locally
A 10Centuries Wiki
Stuff related to Jason Irwin's 10Centuries (10C) social platform.
What is 10C?
https://10centuries.org/ is a web social and publishing platform with an interesting concept; the user owns the data, the service has the lofty goal of preserving said data for 10 centuries. It's not my job to sell stuff, the service speaks for itself.
There's a site blog, the earliest post is perhaps the best place to start: https://blog.10centuries.org/2016/01/26/happy-new-year
Access to the network, a haven away from the madness of larger networks, is currently by invitation-only. If you know anyone already (e.g. me!) there ask for an invite code; each account holder has a limited number available.
What is there to do?
Note that most links require users to be logged in; also, that apps (link below) are being developed.
- A Social Network - chat.10centuries.org
- Direct Messaging - admin.10centuries.org/messages/
- Blogging - admin.10centuries.org/edit/ - blog post and static page types.
- Podcasting - link as above. Attaching an audio file to a blog post or static page brings up an additional dialogue.
- Todo lists - admin.10centuries.org/todo/
- File storage - admin.10centuries.org/files/
- Notes - admin.10centuries.org/notes/ - (Not quite ready yet.)
- A well-developed API - https://docs.10centuries.org - (Use the hamburger menu to navigate these Docs.) Also, the start of more complete API documentation, a GitHub repo (collaboration, pull requests solicited.)
(There is of course more to come.)