Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
What was App.net?
App.net was a social network. It started up in mid-August 2012 and ceased operating at 2017-03-17-06:45UTC. The strengths of that network, however small individually, are being built on by its ex-users. What follows is intended to provide a snapshot of what was. For the dynamic updates on the successor networks, see the wikis mentioned below.
Links to my wikis for its successors:
- 10centuries.org Wiki - a complete social and media site for those who like integrations without fragmentation.
- pnut.io Wiki - The spiritual successor to App.net.
- Other services will emerge in the fullness of time, e.g. micro.blog.
Other useful links:
- A proper Wiki by @tomas - with a list of ex-ADN users, complementary services, and more.
App.net event and achievement hashtags:
ADN event hashtags - Hashtags associated with regular events and states of mind…
- WednesdayChallenge - weekly 1-post short story writing challenge.
ADN Post count achievements - badges awarded upon reaching a predetermined number of posts.
- ADN Wiki PCA Cookie Club - original material as published on 2013-10-26
Original ADN Wiki Material
Links in this material are likely to no longer be functioning.
- ADN Wiki Pages - as captured on 2015-07-05
- ADN Wiki Homepage - as published on 2015-03-20
- ADN Wiki Volunteers - as published on 2014-10-12
- ADN Wiki Newbies Guide - as published on 2014-06-07
- ADN Wiki New Member Resources - as published on 2014-08-28
- ADN Wiki Patter Rooms - as published on 2014-08-09
Some data taken from a 2014 version of the App.net Wiki saved at the Internet Archive. - thanks especially go to @kdfrawg for hosting the original.
Some data taken from a 2015-07 version of the App.net Wiki which @charl archived.