(A sandwich not for the masses.)
Heavily UK-biased: (with rest-of-the-world explanations parenthesised):
- White bread, preferably Warburton's medium sliced;
- Butter, or equivalent low-calorie spread;
- Peanut butter, crunchy;
- Jam (US: jelly): strawberry, damson, bramble jelly, etc.;
- Cheddar cheese;
- Kit-Kat (chocolate coated wafer biscuit);
- Marmite (yeast spread, better than Vegemite);
- Tinned ham, the firm stuff, not too-heavily processed.
- The more adventurous soul may wish to add lazy garlic, but thinly.
- Spread the spreadable stuff on alternating slices of bread,
- Place the non-spreadable stuff on one slice and cover with the other,
- Slice in half... side- or length-ways, or even diagonally if you're so inclined,
- Place on a plate with potato crisps (US: chips),
Have you booked your place at the local A&E (US: ER)?
�[Basic recipe is decades-old, reposted here from Google+ for posterity.]