Bazel package building & fetching rules
Bazel rules for packaging and fetching (for Debian and other distribution channels).
There is currently no distinct discussion group for these rules. Use firstname.lastname@example.org.
Package Building Rules
- pkg - Rules for building packages of various types.
- deb_packages - fetch deb files from Debain style mirror servers
- update_deb_packages - update the hash and path of files mentioned in
These rules originated in the distroless project as well as discussions about the goal of that project and are intended as a way to retrieve bundled software packages from various places.
The initial scope is currently targeting
style distributions, because the Bazel docker
rules allow optional
tar files to be included in their container images. That work
was done in December 2017.
- DONE: slight refactor and fixup of existing package fetching rules.
- DONE: copy rules from https://github.com/bazelbuild/bazel/tools/build_defs/pkg.
- DONE: refactor this repo so that package fetching rules have distinct WORKSPACE requirements.
- DONE: get them working
- integrated with federation CI.
- migrate rules shipped with Bazel to this rule set.
- migrate Bazel distribution packaging to use this rule set.
- innovate wildly.
The last 4 steps may overlap in time.