MusiCloud Spring MVC Application
This project was created by Brendan Brooks and William Bierer for their CST-341 (Open Source Computing) course at GCU. This project is to exemplify full-stack knowledge for building a Spring MVC application. The idea behind it was to create a web application that would serve as a cloud storage for people to keep and stream all of their music. This is not intended to become a real product.
Our professor even featured this on his YouTube channel
- Account creation and registration
- Update account information and password
- Add a song to your library
- Edit song information from within your library
- Modern UI using custom CSS with Bootstrap CSS as the foundation
- jQuery was used throughout the application as well
This project features an N-Layer architecture:
- Data Access Layer
- Business Service Layer
- Presentation Layer
User accounts work by authenticating login credentials with the database, using the
UserModel is then stored in the HTTP session so the application can know if the user is logged-in or not. If the user tries accessing any non-login page, they will be automatically redirected out.