This module was created to assist with the installation and configuration of a cassandra cluster. Simply edit the params.pp
- A tar.gz file needs to be placed into ~/modules/cassandra/files.
- Once downloaded the params.pp file needs to be updated with the version downloaded.
- The params.pp also requires the java module I have already published. That or the $java_home variable needs to be properly updated.
- The hostnames of the nodes in the cluster need to be defined in params.pp, by default this module creates a 4 node cluster.
- If you change the number of nodes from 4 you need to run the following python script:
num_node = 4 for n in range(num_node): print int(2**127 / num_node * n)