Author: Babak Chehraz
Simple server API built with GraphQL, Express, and Mongoose which serves as the middleman between the front end application (made in Gatsby) and the MongoDB instance hosted on Atlas. The purpose of this project was to gain a better understanding about what a GraphQL is capable of and how authentication and JSON Web Tokens should be handled. In this project, some realistic scenarios are covered, such as making certain endpoints private to certain users that are not authenticated.
To see the server in action, try the Full Demo.
- (Client) GatsbyJS with React
- (Server) Powered by Heroku
- (API) GraphQL with NodeJS, Express
- (Database) MongoDB with Atlas
Client is based on the Simple Auth App which demonstrates client side routing using Gatsby
[ Github Source ]
- Core server functionality based upon a tutorial by Academind