##Outlook Rules Export To Gmail##
- Simple tool to export rules from Outlook and import them into Google Gmail as filters
- Over 1500 downloads, Thank You!
- Tested on Win7 64bit, Win8 64bit & Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013
- It also outputs rules in CSV to the command line so you can script it if you want
- 0.0.2 - supports all rules listed below (Stable version)
- 0.0.1 - only supports from move-to-folder rules
- Office 2007 or later
- .Net 4.5 http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30653
- Run the tool from the command line;
- OutlookRulesExport.exe email@example.com
- This will create a
rules.xmlfile in the current directory containing the rules
- You might get a warning from outlook asking you to allow access, if so click ok.
- Log into Gmail
- Enable gmail filters import in Gmail * Setting -> Labs enable "Filter import/export" and click save changes
- Backup your existing Gmail filters
- Settings -> Filters -> "Select All" -> "Export"
- Import the rules as Gmail filters
* Settings -> Filters click "Import Filters" and import
rules.xml* Importing existing filters into gmail is handled gracefully, no duplicate filters should be created, but its always a good idea to backup your filters
##Supported Rule Types##
- The tool currently only works for the following types of rules (will add support for other types of rules as i need them or as requested)
- Condition: "From Address" Actions: "Move-To-Folder | Copy-To-Folder"
- Condition: "Subject Contains" Actions: "Move-To-Folder | Copy-To-Folder"
- Condition: "Body Contains" Actions: "Move-To-Folder | Copy-To-Folder"
- This is a rewrite of the https://github.com/iloveitaly/outlook-gmail-rules-migration project from ruby and vb to c#
- Thanks to iloveitaly (Michael Bianco) https://github.com/iloveitaly for his work figuring out the various ways Outlook stores its rules https://github.com/iloveitaly/outlook-gmail-rules-migration