This is the most basic chrome extension you could write.
- create a directory “basic_chrome_extension” on your computer
- inside, put files of this repository
- open Chrome, and open url chrome://extensions
- check checkbox named “developer mode”
- click on button “Load unpacked extension…”
- choose the directory “basic_chrome_extension”
- good ! you should see a fresh, new, grey “B” icon next to the URL bar.
- open any decent website : github.com , (or bdavidxyz.com, or whatever)
- open your chrome dev tools console : Press Ctrl+Shift+J (Windows / Linux) or Cmd+Opt+J (Mac).
- click on the “B” icon
- Ta-da ! You should see “I'm content.js, man” in the console each time you press the magic “B” icon