A CrossFit workout application for recording and tracking weekly workouts and exercise benchmarks.
NextRX is my latest significant personal project. I began this project primarily wanting to learn NoSQL databases - specifically, MongoDB - and React server-side-rendering - specifically, with Next.js. Projects are always more fun when they are personally relevant; hence, I combined these interests with my CrossFit hobby, and NextRX was born!
What does NextRX mean?
Within the CrossFit community, RX is short for "prescribed" - ie. if you complete a workout according to the programmed weights, you are considered as having completed that workout "prescribed," or "RX".
I intend NextRX to be inspiring. With this attractive, intuitive application, you can track your workout progress and visualize your growth in strength over time, always purusing that "next RX".
...or, really, the application is built on Next.js, and NextRX instantly came to mind as a cool name.
NextRX is a full-stack, server-side-rendered Node.js application built on Next.js:
- Front-End: React (in TypeScript)
- State management: Redux (with redux-thunk)
- UI: Grommet
- Database: MongoDB
- Web Server: Express
- Authentication: Passport
NextRX is a current work-in-progress.
- I am currently: Implementing integrated user account authentication features across Redux, Express and Passport.
- I next plan to: Finish the profile page UI and implement workout posting features.
- I eventually would love to: Write a test suite, flesh out the API, and deploy!
NextRX is influenced, indeed, based on, the popular SugarWOD.
- Brennan D Baraban <bdbaraban>
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE file for details.