Automated garage door
We started the project with the goal to open the garage door 2 minutes before arriving at home by saying "Hey Siri, open the garage door!" while riding the bicycle.
- Photon board with wi-fi chip (buy here)
- Marantec M3-2312 garage door opener remote (we have Marantec garage door)
- magnetic sensor
- Adafruit breadboard to assemble electronics
- wires, resistor
On the breadboard we connected the door remote and the sensor with the Photon. This gives the Photon knowledge about the door state (open/closed) and the Photon is able to triggered the door remote to open/close the door.
The Photon handles sensor data, door states and triggers the door remote.
- use the Particle IDE to upload directly to your Photon on particle.io
- onoff: that can be called by homebridge to open/close the door
- doorState: can be called by homebridge to check the door state
The server runs the homebridge framework and adds the garage door as Accessories. Homebridge is a lightweight NodeJS server you can run on your home network that emulates the iOS HomeKit API.
- homebridge framework on GitHub
- modified particle plugin for homebridge to add custom accessory on Github