A YouTube powered jukebox built with AngularJS.
When I attend parties, YouTube is often used as the sole music provider. People in turn launch the video they want to hear. The process goes as follows:
- open a new tab
- browse to YouTube
- search for a video
- open and instantly pause it (to preload it)
- wait for the current video to stop
- launch the new video
Several problems arise from this process:
- need to wait for the current video to stop before launching a new one
- need to permanently have someone queuing and launching a new video
- no automatic play, so if the current video ends, there's no music
- time spent queuing a new video
- tons of tabs opened
JukeTube is an attempt to simplify this scenario.
- Single page app
- Ajax search
- Playlists (upcoming and archived videos)
- Automatic play (as soon as the current video ends)
You only need a valid YouTube Data API v3 key to copy-paste in app.js. (The current one only works on my domain).
The Gotham font is used on the demo site but is not provided. Try Google Fonts for some alternatives.
- Play/Pause/Next/Previous controls (currently, only the state is shown).
- Use the YouTube API to retrieve the pre-populated video titles using the ID. Right now, the titles are hard-coded.
- Save the current playlist in LocalStorage or a cookie and restore it on the next visit (and add a
- Add drag controls to reorder the playlist items.
- Add search results pagination (the YouTube API provides a