LIRI Node App
Built by Beau Simpson
This Node based app was built using the following Node packages:
- OMDB API
- Bands in Town API
To use the app the user must first:
- Supply their own
- Install the required Node packages:
node liri.js to run program
liri.js can take in one of the following commands:
What Each Command Should Do:
node liri.js concert-this <artist/band name here>
Outputs the following of the user submitted artist:
- Name of venues
- Venue locations
- Date of events
node liri.js spotify-this-song '<song name here>'
Outputs the following of the user submitted song:
- Name of Song
- The album the song is from
- A preview link of the song from Spotify
- If no song is submitted, the program will output data for "The Sign"
node liri.js movie-this '<movie name here>'
Output the following from user submitted movie:
- Title of the movie.
- Year the movie came out.
- IMDB Rating of the movie.
- Rotten Tomatoes Rating of the movie.
- Country where the movie was produced.
- Language of the movie.
- Plot of the movie.
- Actors in the movie.
- If no movie is submitted, the program will output data for the movie 'Mr. Nobody.'
node liri.js do-what-it-says
- LIRI will take the text inside of random.txt and then use it to call one of LIRI's commands.
- By default it will run spotify-this-song for "I Want it That Way"
Example of random.txt file contents:
As a bonus feature:
- The program will log all commands, returning data and the time stamp of when the command was run
- All of the data is stored in log.txt
Work in Progess:
- Added Inquirer node package so that LIRI works from the command line
liri-with-inquirer.jsis still a work in progress