Nodalities, Issue 12
- Open Government Data for fghting fires: when no trafc rules apply
- Introducing David Wood, Vice President of Engineering at Talis Inc
- Linked Data at The Guardian
- Linked Data Around the Clock
- Linked Data: Say What You See
- The Plings Project
- Challenges and Opportunities for Linked Data
- Best Buy and the Semantic Web
Nodalities, Issue 11
- BioPortal: Bringing Semantic Technology to Biomedicine
- Without Linked Data, no Semantic Web
- Semantifying Pingback: Learning from the Blogosphere
- Two Planes, an IT-related Sitcom, and Lessons in Platform Engineering
- The Data Publishing Three-Step
- Semantic technologies and the publishing world: what can they ofer each other?
- Facebook: David Recordon talks with Talis about the Social Graph
Nodalities, Issue 10
- Drupal: Semantic Web for the Masses
- Rattle: Data Mining with Linked Data
- Science Commons: What's common about science?
- Government and Data: Greater London Open Data
- Facebook and the Open Graph
- Excellence at the Click of a Button: The Research Funding Explorer
- Growing Graphs: Talis working toward a linked future
- Linked Data APIs
- Triplification Challenge
Nodalities, Issue 9
- Open data and the law
- Sharing data on the Web
- Conference Report: ESTC2009
- keeping up with a LOD of changes
- Rights Statements on the Web of Data
- Applying Licenses and Waivers to Linked Data
Nodalities, Issue 8
Oct / Nov 2009
- GraphOS: the data web as an operating system - Alan Morrison from the PWC Tech Forecast looks at the world of interconnected information
- DataIncubator: What it is and What's in it - Leigh Dodds (Talis' Platform Programme Manager) introduces DataIncubator.
- The Web of Data-Remixed! - Michael Hausenblas and Richard Cyganiak from DERI explore Sigma for data aggregation and browsing.
- Are Clouds Green - Paul Miller discusses the environmental friendliness of cloud computing and storage.
- Juice: A Partner for Linked Data - Richard Wallis introduces a way to bring reuse and sharing of innovation.
- Tom Steinberg Talks with Talis about the Work of MySociety.
Nodalities, Issue 7
Aug / Sept 2009
- What kind of data is on the Guardian's Datastore? - Simon Rogers, editor of the Guardian's Data Blog explores the Datastore at the Guardian.
- Trends and Barriers - Zach Beauvais discusses opening up data and Open Access.
- The Greatest Challenge Facing IT - Lee Feigenbaum and Mike Cataldo of Cambridge Semantics introduce Anzo and tell the story of data collaboration
- Building a Civic Semantic Web - Joshua Tauberer tells us all about his civic hackery in the US.
- Waiving Rights over Linked Data - Talis CTO Ian Davis explains the difference between licensing and waivers and shows us how to open our own datasets.
- Might Semantic Technologies Permit Meaningful Brand relationships? - Paul Miller explores Brand in a Linked Data world
- RDFa and Linked Data in UK Government Websites - Mark Birbeck of Backplane Ltd talks about the UK public sector embracing RDFa
- Search Engines, User Interfaces for Data, Wolfram Alpha, and More... - Interview with Sir Tim Berners-Lee and Richard MacManus of ReadWriteWeb
- Garlik Announce Open-Source of 4Store - Podcast transcription with Tom Ilube and Steve Harris of Garlik
Nodalities, Issue 6
Mar / Apr 2009
- Linking Data and Semantics at O'Reilly - Gavin Carothers and Charles Greer tell O'Reilly Media's Linked Data story.
- Discovering SPARQL - Alex Tucker exposes SPARQL endpoints via Bonjour.
- Linked Data In(ter)Action - Benjamin Nowack discusses Paggr Personal Aggregator.
- Introducing: STI International
- Social Semantic Web Scales in the Cloud - Simon Schenk discusses SemaPlorer
- Streams, Pools and Reservoirs - Leigh Dodds explores flowing data
Nodalities, Issue 5
#####Nov / Dec 2008
- Building Coherence - Tom Scott tells the BBC's story of weaving onto the web
- Doing more with your data - Bill Roberts introduces Swirrl, and explains where the Semantic Web fits in with the world of wiki.
- Getting Connected - Justin Leavesley thinks everything's getting connected.
- Enabling the Linked Data Ecosystem - Leigh Dodds explores the Linked Data Ecosystem.
- David Provost Talks with Talis - David Provost talks with Tais about "On the Cusp" his industry report on the Semantic Web
- LIBRIS - Linked Library Data - Soderback and Malmsten tell the story behind LIBRIS, the Sedish national catalogue.
- A conference comes of age - Tom Heath looks back at ISWC
Nodalities, Issue 4
Sep / Oct 2008
- Anatomy Of A SearchMonkey - Peter Mika's run-down of Yahoo's new Semantic Web search platform
- Twine - Nova Spivack gives us an update from the beta of their social interaction application
- Generation Zero - Ian Davis asks where all the Semantc Web applications are
- A Call To Arms - John Sheridan and Jeni Tennison on the London Gazette and Public Sector's use of Semantic Web technologies
- Discovery and Usage on the Web Of Data - Michael Hausenblas and VOID
- Finding Answers on the Semantic Web - Mathieu d'Aqin and Lopez from KMI introduce Watson and PowerAqua
Nodalities, Issue 3
July/ Aug 2008
- Semantic Technology in ht financial Industry - Eric Hoffer's look at the Semantic Web in the financial sector
- SemTech 2008 Highlights - A wrap-up of Semantic Technology 2008 and a look forward to 2009
- New Web Cambrian Explosion - Killer Apps? Andraz Tori and the need for applied Semantic Web tech
- Cherry-picking the Semantic Web - Oxford University Libraries and the need for next-generation curation
- Marketing the Semantic Web - Greg Boutin on telling a Semantic Web story
- Databases and the Semantic Web - Juan Sequeda and the data integration problem: RDF to the rescue?
- Semantic Search: The Myth and Realit - Alex Iskold on Semantic Search: Myth, Reality or something else?
Nodalities, Issue 2
May / June 2008
- Blue Oceans - Ian Davis and Zach Beauvais discuss the 'Blue Ocean' opportunity facing those who embrace the Semantic Web
- Social Networking - Garlik CEO Tom Ilube introduces the notion of 'social verification'
- Environment - David Peterson puts semantic technologies to work in the fight against Climate Change
- Predictable Mavericks - Talis CEO Dave Errington looks back at the company's past, and forward to a semantically powered future
- Open World Thinking - Nadeem Shabir argues that Semantic Web developers need to see the world differently
- Dow Jones and Thomson Reuters - Read transcripts of recent conversations with these factual information powerhouses, and learn how the Semantic Web is being put to work.
Nodalities, Issue 1
- WWW2008 - Tom Heath looks at the importance of Linked Data, and outlines key issues for discussion in Beijing
- The value of Web 3.0 - Mills Davis of Project10X asks how Web 3.0 differs from the previous phases of the Web
- Podcast roundup - News of the latest Semantic Web podcasts from Talis
- Talis Engage - Nadeem Shabir reports on development work that delivered a commercially viable enterprise application with the help of the Talis Platform.
- Sir Tim Berners-Lee talks with talis about the Semantic Web - The full transcript of this recent interview with the Father of the Web
- The Semantic Web gang - Experienced Semantic Web practitioners debate the readiness of this technology for mainstream corporate adoption