Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Touch Event Libraries
- dojo/touch - Dojo detection functions for touch events
- jquery.doubletap - Custom touch events for jQuery. Demo.
- Touchy - Highly configurable jQuery plugin. Exposes event data (velocity, etc) for longpress, drag, pinch, rotate, swipe. Example use cases: prevent conflict between drag and swipe; get pinch abstracted across Android and iOS; create a single finger rotation.
- jQuery UI Interactions - Rewrite of the existing jQuery UI interactions, now with mouse, touche and pointer (aka MSPointer) support. Work in progress, but draggable already works great for all three event APIs.
- jquery-ui-touch-punch - A duck punch for adding touch events to jQuery UI
- pep.jquery.js - A lightweight plugin for kinetic-drag on mobile & desktop
- jQuery.event.move - jQuery special events movestart, move and moveend for tracking touch and mouse moves, throttled to browser animation frames, and exposing information about distance and velocity of fingers. Demo at stephband.info/jquery.event.move/.
- jQuery.event.swipe - jQuery special events for the gestures swipeleft, swiperight, swipeup and swipedown, built on top of jQuery.event.move. Demo at stephband.info/jquery.event.swipe/.
- jQuery Mobile vmouse - from the jQuery Mobile team. Supports normalized handling of mouse and touch events under one event convention: vclick, vmousedown, vmouseup, vmousemove, etc.
- Touchable - Unifies touch and mouse events
- TipTap: normalizes mouse and touch events, and provides simple definition of complex gestures (any combination of tap, swipe, etc.) with simple callbacks.
- jQuery Touch Gestures: Touch Gestures ported and fixed from QUOjs project. Available gestures: singleTap | doubleTap | hold | swipe | swiping | swipeLeft | swipeRight | swipeUp | swipeDown | rotate | rotating | rotateLeft | rotateRight | pinch | pinching | pinchIn | pinchOut | drag | dragLeft | dragRight | dragUp | dragDown
- mootools-mobile - Wraps click handlers with touch and provides some custom events.
- YUI 3 touch abstraction - support for subscribing to native touch and gesture events
- https://github.com/max-power/swipeslide - Provides iOS like swipe navigation. WebKit only.
- Event.js - Multi-touch events library, and abstractions.
- pointer.js - a pointer event polyfill.
- interact - abstracted mouse and touch events into generic pointer events. Uses eve under the hood.
- tappable - A simple, standalone library to invoke the tap event for touch-friendly web browsers.
- Touchy - Lightweight (no dependencies) multi-touch, models individual fingers
- Touch - Simple library, enables touch events, such as: swipe, pinch and tap.
- thumbsjs - from the PhoneGap team. Heavily tested on many devices. Mature.
- touch-layer - Custom events and gestures handler for touch enable mobile devices.
- WKTouch - Hardware accelerated multi-touch drag, scale and rotate plugin for Mobile Webkit.
- MagicTouch.js - Standards-compatible touch event polyfill to map trackpad touches to touch events. Uses NPAPI plugin.
- Hammer.js - Lightweight library for multi-touch gestures
- Ember-Touch - A lightweight library for building and using touch gestures with Ember Applications.
- Mobile-Web-based-Gesture-Recognition - Based on Dollar. Demo.
- shake.js - A custom 'shake' event plugin for mobile web browsers using device accelerometer. (Okay, not strictly touch, but it does require you to use your hand :P)
- dojox/gesture - Dojo detection functions for gesture events
- ZingTouch - Gesture detection library written in ES6. Comes with default gestures, but has the ability to extend and create new ones.
- Droid Scroll Emulation
- jQuery Overscroll
- Zynga Scroller
Speeding Up Click Events
Touch Specific Components
- Swipe JS - carousel (aka slider) component that is touch friendly
- Swiper - mobile touch slider with hardware accelerated transitions
- jQuery Mobile Pagination - touch-drag pagination between separate HTML documents or jQuery Mobile "pages"
Multimedia (videos, tutorials, etc.)
- Creating Responsive HTML5 Touch Interfaces (Stephen Woods, Flickr)
- [Google I/O 2013 - Point, Click, Tap, Touch - Building Multi-Device Web Interfaces] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DujfpXOKUp8) - Slides
- Getting Touchy Feely with the Mobile Web - Andrew Fisher (8 Aug 2012)
- Mark Dalgleish - Embracing Touch: Cross Platform Scrolling (8 Mar 2013)