Germany Trip Companion App
This project is a ReactJS app I created to filter and sort through a select list of local cafes, bars, restuarants, and historical sites based on geolocation for my upcoming trip to Germany.
- ReactJS - components and functionality
- Flux - routing
- Stylus - CSS preprocessing
- Browserify - watching and bundling my JS
- Gulp - running dev tasks
- in Destination.js I added a few functions for calculating and setting each location's current distance in miles relative to my phone and my hotel based on geolocation coordinates
- also in Destination.js I have a function for loading a separate JSON file for each city load based on the current URL
- in CitySelector.js I used Flickity to change the URL thereby changing the city data
- in FilterBar.js I used React Checkbox Group to manage selections made to multiple groups of radio button inputs
- in PlacesList.js I used lodash for filtering and sorting my list of locations based on Category, Price, and Distance selections made in FilterBar.js
- in sources/_experiments/ I created a few simple tests for some functionality that I've included or that I plan to include, for example: In the moment folder, I grabbed data from a few locations and setup a function that loops through that list and sets the property of isOpen for each location. By using Moment's .isBetween() method I check whether the current time falls within the moment objects of when each location is open/closed.