This is the beets wiki. It's home to developer documentation and semi-coherent notes about the beets project. If you're looking for help using beets, take a look at the beets documentation.
These wiki pages may be relevant to users:
- Hacking: How to get involved with the beets project (even if you're not a programmer!). Also, how to live on the cutting edge by running beets from source.
- Concepts: A high-level description of the theory of beets and its internals.
These pages are more of interest to developers:
- Testing: Notes on the test cases.
- Optimization: If we ever get to a point where performance is a higher priority than functionality, this page lists some possible optimization opportunities.
- Refactoring: Some plans for small- to medium-sized refactorings that beets might need.
- ReleaseChecklist: How to make a new release of beets.
- Python3: Notes on porting beets to Python 3.x.
- Issues: How we manage bug reports and feature requests.
Finally, these pages are mainly compendia of notes that may be helpful someday.