Welcome to behave!
behave is behaviour-driven development, Python style.
Behavior-driven development (or BDD) is an agile software development technique that encourages collaboration between developers, QA and non-technical or business participants in a software project. We have a page further describing this :doc:`philosophy <philosophy>`.
:pypi:`behave` uses tests written in a natural language style, backed up by Python code.
Once you've :doc:`installed <install>` behave, we recommend reading the
- :doc:`tutorial <tutorial>` first and then
- :doc:`feature test setup <gherkin>`,
- :doc:`behave API <api>` and
- :doc:`related software <related>` (things that you can combine with :pypi:`behave`)
- finally: :doc:`how to use and configure <behave>` the :pypi:`behave` tool.
There is also a :doc:`comparison <comparison>` with the other tools available.
.. toctree:: :maxdepth: 2 install tutorial philosophy gherkin behave api fixtures usecase_django usecase_flask practical_tips comparison new_and_noteworthy more_info appendix
.. seealso:: * `behave.example`_: `Behave Examples and Tutorials`_ (HTML) * Peter Parente: `BDD and Behave <http://tott-meetup.readthedocs.io/en/latest/sessions/behave.html>`_ (tutorial)