Belak's Ergodox Layout
This keyboard is intended for use in emacs (one of the main reasons for easy access to modifiers) but it could be useful in other instances as well.
The main repo is used as a testbed, so sometimes the layout may be in a strange state. The qmk version should be relatively stable.
This is currently being used on a regular ergodox, but it should work fine on the infinity as well. Though, you may have to modify the commands to build and flash the firmware to match the separate halves as defined in the infinity documentation.
If you are using this keymap in the qmk repo, you should be able to just run
make ergodox-belak-teensy. If you're using this externally (I sometimes make
changes before syncing them to qmk), use the following instructions:
- Clone the main qmk repo
- Clone this to
make ergodox-belak-external-teensyfrom the root of the qmk repo.
- Remove emoji keys as they don't work well in OSX, even when in the proper input mode.
- Change the visualizer to improve display when using the tap-dance layer switch.
- Change layer keys to tap-dance keys which cycle through additional layers
- Add a few emoji keys (in preparation for an emoji layer)
- Remove media layer
- Add a layer which swaps control and gui on the thumb keys.
- Add some basic code to save settings to the eeprom
- Save the state of the keys swapped in the thumb in the eeprom
- Add numpad layer and remove numpad from symbols layer
- Disable media layer
- Add arrow keys on ijkl to the symbols layer
- Replace ALT on held enter and held delete with GUI (for better OSX compatibility, as there's already an ALT key relatively close)
- Replace keys above enter and delete with temporary layer switch buttons not matching the other layer switch for that hand.
- Reindent and space out most of the layer definitions
- Clean up definitions to make differences between layers easier to see
- Remove old LCD code
- Add new LCD code based on fredizzimo's branch
- Reverse grave and escape
- Copy from emacs_osx_dk
- "Fix" right alt
- Change thumb keys to match default layout (backspace, delete, enter, space)
- Add modifiers to thumb keys (ctrl to backspace and space, alt to delete and enter)
- Replace the RAlt below the brackets with LGui and RGui
- Remove LCtrl and RCtrl from the keys above shift
- Add browser forward, and move browser back
- "Fix" the order of volume keys
The original code for this is kept at https://github.com/belak/ergodox-layout and is synced to qmk every few main revisions.