Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Photos tab for viewing only photo posts from users you follow
- Inline reply box at the bottom of conversation view
- Open username links in Pico
- Links in posts are now tappable
- FAB (floating action button) will now scroll off screen correctly (thanks @joshsharp)
- Conversation view now has an action bar (thanks @joshsharp)
- Send button on new post screen is disabled until you have typed some text or uploaded an image
- Send button has more obvious feedback when tapped
- Images! Images are shown in posts (though these still need some work to make them not get cut off or cropped strangely) and users now have avatars next to their posts
- Profile view! Tap on a user's avatar to see their profile, follow/unfollow them, and read their recent posts
- Icon shortcut to create a new post
- Pull to refresh
- Tabs! Mentions and Discover as well as Timeline
- Conversation view (tap a post to see the conversation)
- Formatting of posts (thanks @joshsharp)
- User token is requested on main screen, rather than new post screen
Please check the project's issues for known bugs, and let us know about any that aren't already listed. Thanks for trying Pico!
- Replying! This has the potential to be quite buggy, but it was not really working at all in the last version so at least you can use it now. Please open an issue or hit me up on Micro.blog if you notice any issues with replying (or anything else). To reply to a post, long press on it. You should see the new post screen with the author's username already in the text box, as well as usernames of anyone else mentioned in the original post.
This release includes the start of replying support, but it doesn't work properly yet. I'm releasing anyway so you can get some of the other new stuff I've added, and I'll try to get replying finished ASAP. In the meantime, please don't use the reply feature because it's really wonky and doing weird stuff like double replies.
Other new stuff:
- Better design!
- A real icon! Thanks @joshsharp
- Timeline! There's a lot to do here, though. It's very basic so far. There's currently no way to view conversations, although there's an indicator for posts that are part of conversations
- Support for Android 7.1 and newer
This version adds:
- New name! The project is now called Pico
- Image uploading support!
- Some custom colours
- More informative loading and success messages
- Character count
- Text box will clear after sending your post
- Text box will capitalise sentences for you
Right now the app is super basic, but if you want a way to post updates to a hosted Micro.blog blog, this will do it for you. Create an app token from your Micro.blog account page, enter it into Micro when requested, and post away! Lots more to come.