Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
This is intended to be the first generally-announced release of VioletBug following limited testing by a few Roku Developer Forum members, to whom I am extremely grateful.
Feel free to raise issues either through GitHub or the Roku Forums.
Changes since v0.0.4:
- Recommend Yarn for building rather than NPM
- Use updated versions of electron (1.6.2), electron-builder (15.6.3), and electron-packager (8.5.2).
- Remove unused Scene Graph ports from default dropdown port list
- Allow user to add ports via the Settings > Ports ... menu
- Allow user to specify a host name instead of IP address when connecting to a Roku device
- Improved device discovery mechanism
- Ctrl or Command + F (or right-click>Find) from within a connection's tab brings up a text search box
- Use updated versions of electron (1.6.1) and electron-builder (14.5.2)
- Cut/copy/paste keyboard shortcuts now work on macOS. Their menu items have been moved from the context (right-click) menu to the Application Menu. Fixes #1
Ctrl + Iwill move the keyboard focus to the input text area
- SSDP discovery creates socket with reuseAddr set to true so other applications can bind to SSDP notify port
- Remove port 8060 (ECP) from list of supported debug ports
- Remove support for BSD operating systems
- Use updated versions of electron-builder and electron-packager
VioletBug initial release.