LoadingCache<Key, Graph> graphs = Caffeine.newBuilder() .maximumSize(10_000) .expireAfterWrite(5, TimeUnit.MINUTES) .refreshAfterWrite(1, TimeUnit.MINUTES) .build(key -> createExpensiveGraph(key));
Features at a Glance
Caffeine provides flexible construction to create a cache with a combination of the following features:
- automatic loading of entries into the cache, optionally asynchronously
- size-based eviction when a maximum is exceeded based on frequency and recency
- time-based expiration of entries, measured since last access or last write
- asynchronously refresh when the first stale request for an entry occurs
- keys automatically wrapped in weak references
- values automatically wrapped in weak or soft references
- notification of evicted (or otherwise removed) entries
- writes propagated to an external resource
- accumulation of cache access statistics
In addition, Caffeine offers the following extensions:
Use Caffeine in a community provided integration:
- Spring Cache (Spring 4.3 & Boot 1.4)
- ScalaCache: Simple caching in Scala
- Scaffeine: Scala wrapper for Caffeine
- Ratpack: Lean & powerful HTTP apps
- Finagle: Extensible RPC system
- Druid: Real-time Analytics
In the News
- A short look at what Caffeine brings to your applications.
- An in-depth description of Caffeine's architecture.
- Caffeine is presented as part of a research paper evaluating its novel eviction policy.
- TinyLFU: A Highly Efficient Cache Admission Policy by Gil Einziger, Roy Friedman, Ben Manes
On the radar,
- Early discussions with HBase, Cassandra, and Solr
- Being adopted in the Neo4j 3.1 and Infinispan 9.0 releases
- W-TinyLfu implemented by go-tinylfu, mango-cache, and ohc
Download from Maven Central or depend via Gradle:
compile 'com.github.ben-manes.caffeine:caffeine:2.4.0' // Optional extensions compile 'com.github.ben-manes.caffeine:guava:2.4.0' compile 'com.github.ben-manes.caffeine:jcache:2.4.0'
See the release notes for details of the changes.
Snapshots of the development version are available in Sonatype's snapshots repository.