- Uses WordPress to organize data.
- Uses Site-Inspector to gather data.
- Recommend displaying with Faceted Search Widget and Count Shortcode
- Example: http://ben.balter.com/2011/09/07/analysis-of-federal-executive-domains/
- domain-inventory.php - Main file in the form of a WordPress plugin to curate the domains
- data_dump.xml - WordPress compatible XML dump of domains and data
- domain_list.csv - List of Federal Executive .govs in CSV format
- import.php - script to import CSV into WordPress (run directly)
- count-post.php - generates initial post to be used with count shortcode, helps with UI (run directly)
- count-severs.php - example of how to count servers by OS and version (run directly)
- dups.php - generates list of duplicate domains based on MD5 checksum of content (run directly)
- The CMS and Script detection, although generally accurate, in not foolproof. It works by sniffing references to known elements of CMSs (such as WordPress's use of the wp-content directory), and may generated some false positives as a result.
- To update the site-inspector submodule:
cd domain-inspector git submodule init git submodule update