A semi-analytic model for transits of spotted stars.
Copyright 2013, 2014 Bence Béky This file is part of Spotrod. Spotrod is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. Spotrod is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Spotrod. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
This repository contains
spotrod, a semi-analytic model for transits of spotted stars. The model is implemented in C and comes with Python API. The following files and directories are included in the root directory:
- toyproblem A toy problem benchmarking Python, Cython, and C implementations of circleangle(), the function calculating $\beta$;
- COPYING the GNU General Public License;
- Makefile makefile for generating toycython.so and toyc.so;
- README.md this file;
- spotrod.c C implementation of the model;
- spotrod.h headers for functions in spotrod.c;
- spotrod-python-wrapper.c C code wrapping spotrod.c in the numpy C API;
- spotrod-setup.py a Python script for compiling spotrod.so;
- test.py a minimal script generating a model lightcurve;
- test.png output of minimal script;
- mcmc.py an MCMC simulation using the emcee package, creating an animation.
To generate the module
make without any arguments.
If you use
spotrod in a publication, please consider citing Béky, Kipping, and Holman, 2014, arXiv:1407.4465.