A lightweight and skeletal WordPress boilerplate theme for HTML5 and beyond. There's lots of these out there but most themes include lots of bloat and files which you might not necessarily need, so we thought we would create our own which is great as a starting point with powerful features to encourage rapid development for most projects.
- Reset, normalisation and base font/form styles
- Sass Boilerplate - semantically named files, organised by folders, all compiled into a single file
- Semantic use of HTML5 elements, includes Google HTML5 shiv
- WAI-ARIA role ready
- Comes pre-bundled with cached CDN version of jQuery
- jQuery plugin agnostic
- Laravel Elixir to define/customize and run basic Gulp tasks
- Basic template files
- Customised functions.php adding theme support for high customisation
- Minimised HTTP requests for high Web Performance
- Localised strings for multiple language support
- Sass compiling and watching, css minification and live reload support
Clone the barebones repositories into your WordPress /wp-content/themes/ directory:
git clone https://github.com/benchmarkstudios/barebones cd barebones
To include all its optional submodules (Simple Grid included):
git submodule init git submodule update
Using Gulp and Laravel Elixir
Install Gulp as a global NPM package, if you don't have it already on your machine:
npm install --global gulp
Install Laravel Elixir:
Edit your gulpfile.js adding the required tasks (check the Laravel Elixir documentation for further information).
This will execute all the Gulp tasks on the gulpfile.js.
Compatible with WordPress 3.2 and above, but always use the latest version.
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 3.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 14.0+
- Opera 10.0+