A simple genealogy todo item app.
These installation instructions assume some basic knowledge of Django.
- Clone the repo
- Create a virtualenv for the project if you want
local_settings.pyand edit to taste (and make sure you put something in
pip install -r requirements.txt
./manage.py runserver 8001
Items are attached to families, which have a husband and/or a wife.
To add a new item/family:
- Click the "Add Item" button at the top of the screen (or hit
- Type in the todo item in the box at the top of the dialog
- In the Family field, type the husband's name followed by a slash followed by the wife's name (and you can leave the husband's or wife's name blank)
- For example, "Gregorio Sanchez / Isabella Gutierrez"
- If you've already added families, they'll show up in an autosuggest box
- Click Add Item
- On the detail page for the new item, you can click on the family link and then edit the family to add Family Tree ID numbers
- To complete an item, click its box on the detail page
- To uncomplete an item, click its box again on the detail page
On the family page, items can be rearranged (drag and drop).
To see everything in the system, search for
Ctrl+Returnto open Add Item dialog
Shift+Returnto save changes on a dialog
/to focus on the search box
hto return to the home page