Turn many pieces of ANSI text art and ASCII/NFO plain text into HTML5 text using RetroTxt. The browser agnostic web extension that takes retro text files and stylises them into a more pleasing, useful format to view and copy in a web browser.
- View ANSI, ASCII, NFO, PCBoard, Wildcat text art as HTML
- RGB 16.7 million, xterm 256 and IBM VGA 16 colour support
- Swappable ANSI palettes, xterm, VGA, cyan/magenta CGA, monochrome and toggable iCE Colors
- Swappable ASCII & NFO colour themes, DOS, Windows, Amiga, C-64, Apple II, Atari ST
- SAUCE metadata parsing
- Multiple text encodings support including CP437, ISO-8959-1, Windows-1252
- Text rendering toggles, smeared, shadow and normal
- Multiple IBM PC font support such as VGA, EGA, CGA, MDA plus variants and more
- Multiple Amiga fonts plus Commodore PETSCII, Atari ATASCII, ST and Apple II
Chrome 55 or Firefox 55, newer or compatible browsers.
After install you can run RetroTxt on any text or ANSI art file viewed in the browser by clicking the toolbar button.
Chrome and Firefox buttons
Chrome requires Allow access to file URLs selected if you wish to use RetroTxt with text files stored on your local computer.
GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
An important note about the license
While RetroTxt uses a GNU Lesser General Public License v3.0, the included fonts are not. You should read each font license that is in the
fonts/ subdirectory before redistribution, as some of the added collections do not permit the sale or modification of their fonts and packages.
RetroTxt ANSI logo Zeus II Twitter @Zeus_II
- PC fonts The Ultimate Oldschool PC Font Pack by Viler
- Commodore Amiga fonts Multi Platform Fonts In Amiga Aspect v1.0 by TrueSchool Ascii
- Apple II font Print Char 21 by Kreative Korp
- Atari ATASCI font Atari Classic TrueType Fonts by Mark L. Simonson
- Atari ST font 8x16 system font by divVerent
- Commodore 64 font C64 Pro Mono TrueType v1.2 from Style
Options icons by Google Material Design