techMap() is a tool to help job seekers in the tech industry find their next job. The application is created with a Rails API backend and a ReactJS frontend with React middleware. Users can perform custom Google searches and view the top level results uncluttered and not distracted with anything else.
To install techMap() locally:
- Clone the repository on to your own computer
- Run 'bundle install' to install the gem dependencies
- You need to sign up for your own Google API custom search keys and you can do so at https://developers.google.com/custom-search/json-api/v1/introduction.
- Add your Google keys to your own '.env' file.
- Run 'rake start' to load both the Rails API backend and the React frontend.
- techMap() will automatically load in your browser once you've initiated 'rake start'
techMap() is licensed under the MIT license.