- “Really Simple Varnish Panel”
- This WebApp allows you to monitor your Varnish server.
- This app uses cool new stuff such as jQuery and TwitterBootstrap but also very ugly old ones such as CGI. Why? Because it was the easiest way!
- Do not use on production server. Use for testing purpose only
- Display real-time varnishstat with HIT/(HIT+MISS) ratio
- Display real-time varnishlog
- Ban every URL from cache
- Restart Varnish cache
- Obviously, you need a Vanish cache server (version 3) up and running.
- You need Apache running on the same server, different ip port, let's say 81, but anyone will do.
- You need Apache to be able to connect to varnishadm, so copy /etc/varnish/secret to /etc/varnish/secret.www-data and chown it to www-data:www-data.
- I strongly suggest that you protect your server with some authentification (.htpasswd with Basic AuthType should be enough).
- Copy rsvp directory to /var/, www-data should have write access to /var/rsvp/www/logs/ directory.
- You need also to know how to create an Apache VHOST. That's about it.
<VirtualHost *:81> ServerAdmin admin@localhost DocumentRoot /var/rsvp/www <Directory /> Options FollowSymLinks AllowOverride None AuthType Basic AuthName "Really Simple Varnish Panel" AuthType Basic AuthUserFile /var/rsvp/.htpasswd Require valid-user </Directory> <Directory /var/rsvp/www> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews AllowOverride None Order allow,deny allow from all </Directory> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/rsvp/cgi-bin/ <Directory "/var/rsvp/cgi-bin"> AllowOverride None Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory> ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/rsvp-error.log # Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit, # alert, emerg. LogLevel warn CustomLog /var/log/apache2/rsvp-access.log combined </VirtualHost>
The rsvp code is free to use and distribute, under the MIT license.
rsvp uses third-party libraries: