Photography Portfolio README
What is this?
This is a personal project of mine I took up while chatting with a friend about their photography. They needed a site done to showcase all of their work, so I took it on because I thought it would be great practice to have a client-based project where I can check in with them through all of the different stages.
I really wanted to sharpen up my Front-End skills without being dependent of any gems/plug ins, so I tried to do most of everything from scratch! I learned a TON during this project. The two gems I did use were for back-end features, and I only used those because I've actually written all of that same functionality on my own from scratch on a different project. I feel comfortable enough with my code that I thought it would be fine to use gems for those parts, since that wasn't my main focus for this project. I am so glad this opportunity opened up both for me and my friend and I'm very happy with the results!
Here's a list of all of the requested/specified features, all of which have been achieved or are close to being finished.
- Single-Page Flexbox Responsive Design
- Horizontal scroll for images
- Modal image pop up (when clicking on image)
- Infinite Pagination (AJAX)
- Smooth transition animation effects (JS/CSS)
- Nav Bar changes colors after scrolling a specified amount
- Images fade in when scrolled to the appropriate spot
- Vertical scroll when clicking downwards arrow/Nav bar name
- Fade surrounding area when hovering over downwards arrow
- GIF/MP4 background on page load
- Administrative back end (Devise && rails_admin)
This project could definitely use some cleaning up. So, that comes next. Essentially all major functionality for the application is set, so unless my client asks for more features I think I'm ready to move forward with the finishing touches. However, I firmly believe there's always room for improvement so I'll actively be on the lookout!