A simple Ruby client to manage your shoutbox (see http://shoutbox.io).
You can use it via ruby
ruby-1.9.2-p0 > ShoutboxClient.shout :name => "My Rake Task", :status => :red, :message => 'failed miserably' true ruby-1.9.2-p0 > ShoutboxClient.shout :name => "My Other Task", :status => :green, :expires_in => 1.hour true
if you want to set an explicit name to be displayed on your shoutbox, pass the option :display_name
ruby-1.9.2-p0 > ShoutboxClient.shout :name => "My Other Task", :status => :green, :expires_in => 1.hour, :display_name => 'TOLD YOU SO!' true
or as a shell script
benjamin@Jiji % shout green 'important task'
The shoutbox-client will look for a ~/.shoutbox config file with a hostname and portnumber in YAML format, like this
host: http://shoutbox.io auth_token: my-shoutbox-auth-token
Otherwise you can set the configuration manually via ruby
ShoutboxClient.configuration.config_file = 'some/file' # or ShoutboxClient.configuration.host = 'http://shoutbox.moviepilot.com:991'
The shell script accepts host and port parameters
benjamin@Jiji % shout red important-task "failed!" -h "http://shoutbox.moviepilot.com"
Try shout --help for all the options
- Check out the latest master to make sure the feature hasn't been implemented or the bug hasn't been fixed yet
- Check out the issue tracker to make sure someone already hasn't requested it and/or contributed it
- Fork the project
- Start a feature/bugfix branch
- Commit and push until you are happy with your contribution
- Make sure to add tests for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally.
- Please try not to mess with the Rakefile, version, or history. If you want to have your own version, or is otherwise necessary, that is fine, but please isolate to its own commit so I can cherry-pick around it.
Copyright (c) 2011 Benjamin Krause. See LICENSE.txt for further details (will be added later).