GIT (Guided Improvisation Tool)
GIT is an improvisation tool. It guides improvisations with up to 20 musicians by suggesting follow actions. The duration of these follow actions varies from 30" to 1'.
- initialize : Initializes GIT
- Start/Stop Improvisation : sets GIT in motion
- duration : set duration of improvisation --- short : 5' --- medium : 8' --- long : 12'
- interval : set time between guideline changes --- short : 10" to 40" --- medium : 30" to 60" --- long : 50" to 1'20"
GIT automatically stops when the predefined improvisation duration is met.
- follow actions : customize follow actions by editing the text in the textboxes. press return to set follow action
- change now : advance to next follow action
- end : click to advance to 'ending stage'
- monitor 30" before next guideline change
of players : set the amount of players in the ensemble (up to 20 players)
- all players play : set to activate all players
- randomize players : set to randomly activate players
- monitor current and next follow action
- spacebar : start/stop GIT
- i : initialize
- c : change now
- e : end
created by Benjamin Van Esser (www.benjaminvanesser.be)