An open source web-based music player
Go to Stretto, or if you would like to host it yourself, scroll down to the developer instructions.
How does Stretto work?
Stretto works by backing every single one of your tracks with a video or song from youtube or soundcloud, and plays them transparently through an iframe embedded on the page.
Here is a list of some of the features Stretto has:
- Import your playlists from Spotify
- Syncing between machines (by logging in with Google, PRs welcome for other auth methods)
- Automatic lyric fetching for the currently playing song
- Music discovery through iTunes/Spotify top charts
- Search iTunes and add tracks to library seamlessly
- Multiple themes available
- Completely free!
- Android App
A basic Android application is in the works here: https://github.com/benkaiser/stretto-mobile-next/
Setup a .env file to setup your environment variables:
GOOGLE_CLIENT_ID=<...> GOOGLE_CLIENT_ID_ANDROID=<...> GOOGLE_API_KEY=<...> SPOTIFY_CLIENT_ID=<...> SOUNDCLOUD_CLIENT_ID=<...>
Running in Docker + Docker Compose
That's it! Go to http://localhost:3000
- Node.js 10
- Mongodb running
Add your MONGO_URL settings to your environment variables, then execute
yarn npm run dev